Pearls of Wisdom
Join us for an evening of socializing
& soaking up pearls of Parkinson’s wisdom!
Pearls of Wisdom is an early evening seminar with guest speakers, such as doctors, neurologists, nutritionists, therapists and many others, presenting information relating to Parkinson’s. These sessions will include a lecture followed by a Q & A session. But COME EARLY to enjoy a Social Hour with refreshments & friends!
If you are not already on our mailing & email lists please call and let us know. We want to make sure you are included!
For dates & time, visit our website Home Page or Facebook at NWI Parkinson’s.
Munster Community & Methodist Hospital
Currently on hold due to Covid – 19.
We will let you know as soon as they resume.
Support Group–Munster, IN
Last Thursday of the month
1:00 pm.-3:00 pm.
Munster Community Hospital
2nd floor Boardroom
901 MacArthur Blvd.
Support Group–Merrillville, IN
Third Monday of the month
1:00 pm.-3:00 pm.
South Lake Campus
Pavilion B Conference Room
200 E. 89th Ave.
Merrillville, In, 46410
Meet your guide
Andrea Dance is the friendly face you’ll find leading the way at every support group meeting, bringing you the latest info on PD twice a month.
“ASK NURSE JULIE”
TUESDAY 11:15-12:15 pm.
Every week we will have a group discussion about a specific topic. Everyone is welcome to share their feelings, concerns, helpful hints, or questions. We encourage all of you to join in the conversation!
1. Zoom – If you cannot be there in person, please join us on Zoom. Every Monday we will send out an email with the link to the zoom meeting. Click on that link and follow the instructions. You will be able to see us at the meeting as well as see others on Zoom. Join in the live discussion on your smart phone or computer!
2. Drop Box – There is a drop box in the activity room for suggestions and questions about topics for our Discussion Group, as well as questions you may have for our group leader, Julie Markowitz RN. If you cannot come to the office, you can always call or email us with your suggestions.
3. Guest Speakers – Once a month we will have a speaker give a presentation on issues related to Parkinson’s. You are welcome to ask questions and discuss your concerns about the topic.
Julie Markowitz RN
Julie has been a registered nurse for 28 years. She has worked most of her career in the inpatient hospital setting. Her areas of practice have included renal, urology, home health, neurology, orthopedics, cardiology, neuro ICU, and intensive care. She has been in charge of nurse roles and is a former patient care manager of orthopedics and neurology. She is now our nurse educator.
Scheduled for Saturday July 17th
Plan for a day packed with information on Parkinson’s!
Your ticket price includes:
- Light breakfast, lunch & snacks
- Speakers such as neurologists, doctors, nurses, therapists, health care workers & more
- Exhibit & Vendor tables with handouts
- Panel discussion of experts for your questions & concerns
Location: Lincoln Center
2450 Lincoln Street, Highland, IN
Time: 8:00 am. Registration
9:00 am.-2:30 pm. Program & Food